Gardenboss.org is reader-supported. That means as an Amazon Associate we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at absolutely no extra cost to you).
Today’s Common Gardening Question: How much water do Brussel sprouts need?
The Answer: Brussel sprouts need between approximately 1 inch and 2 inches of water weekly. The exact amount depends on temperatures, soil conditions, and other essential factors like the weather, location in the yard, and species of plant you’re growing.
Laying a few inches of mulch, and providing moisture-retaining but well-draining soil mixed with organic compost helps Brussel sprouts maintain a proper moisture level.
Related Video Answer:
How to Water Brussel Sprouts
- Apply water from a watering can, hose, or drip line, directly to the base of the plant
- Soak the water thoroughly and evenly, directly over the root zone of the plant
- Avoid splashing the leaves and sprouts themselves, to avoid rot or attracting pests
- Repeat the watering process weekly in order to maintain proper moisture levels in the soil
Tips and Tricks
- Check the soil before each watering session
- Only water the plants if the soil is starting to dry out
- Maintain a steady moisture-level in the soil in between watering
- Lightly mist the entire plant if it is hot and dry for more than 15 or 20 days in a row
How Much Water Do You Give Brussel Sprouts ?
Brussel sprouts aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but those who enjoy them really have a taste for the little green veggie. Growing them and cooking them yourself provides a whole new level of satisfaction with this vegetable.
Just remember to give your brussel sprouts at least 1 or 2 inches of water each week. Also, if it’s extra hot, increase watering by half an inch, plus start misting your plants.
Do you have a watering tip for those in our audience who grow brussel sprouts? If so, we’d love for you to share about it in the comments section below! Thanks for reading!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.