Gardenboss.org is reader-supported. That means as an Amazon Associate we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at absolutely no extra cost to you).
The simple garden salad is an enjoyable way for you and your family to eat lots of fresh and healthy produce from your garden.
What is a garden salad made of? As the name suggests, these salad recipes consist of simple green leafy veggies and other trimmings from your gardens that you can pick, wash, and prepare just about any time. The most popular ingredients for the simple garden salad include lettuce, onions/chives, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Cheese, crackers, and croutons are often added to the top of the salad as well.
There is no one way to make a simple garden salad; you simply throw together whatever you have on hand most of the time!
Read on and discover one of our many go-to simple garden salad recipes that we prepare with the produce we harvest from our garden!
- Lettuce or other leafy greens (any type will do)
- Cucumbers or some fresh fruit (we like berries)
- Carrots or nuts for some crunchiness
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Some sort of salad dressing (optional)
Preparations & Instructions
- Start by cleaning and rinsing enough base “salad” to fill your main salad bowl
- Mix in vegetables, fruits, and nuts with measuring cups (or by eyeball if you prefer) and toss it a bit
- Top it all off with shredded cheeses, carrots, or any other special ingredients you’ve prepared, and toss it just a bit more
- Finally, drizzle a bit of dressing on top of the salad if you like and serve it up
We like to use a mixture of sweet lettuce, iceberg lettuce, and sometimes baby spinach for our simple garden salad recipe, as well as tomatoes, cucumbers, a dash of shredded carrots, and beets, and a touch of red wine vinaigrette.
What do you and your family enjoy in your simple garden salad recipe? We’d love to read about your recipe in the comments section below! Thanks for reading!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.